Notice of Drawing for a Place on Ballot
Election Advisory Filing Deadline
Notice of Deadline to File Application
The next election will be held on May 1, 2021 to elect a Mayor and Two Council members unless the seats are unopposed. The City contracts with Kaufman County and voters will be able to cast their ballot at any voting center location within the county. The Crandall/Combine Community Center located at 500 W. Lewis, Crandall, TX 75114 is generally an early voting location. Election Day voting is generally held at Point View Baptist Church, 110 FM 3039, Combine, TX 75159
The candidate filing period for a place on the ballot will be January 13, 2021 to February 12, 2021 with a declaration of write in candidacy through February 15, 2021.
Early Voting will be conducted between April 19, 2021 and April 27, 2021 at the designated vote center locations.
It is the responsibility and honor of the City Secretary's Office to conduct and oversee the City Council election process for the City of Combine. Elections are conducted annually on the Uniform Election Day in May (the first Saturday in May.)
However, Texas Election laws regarding campaign finances and legal matters limit the role of the City Secretary’s Office to accepting and filing the various candidate applications, affidavits and statements and noting the date of filing.
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/index.shtml, and those of the Election Code Section 141.001:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be 18 years of age upon the commencement of the term to be filled at the election
- Have been a resident of Texas for at least 12 months as of the deadline for filing for the office
- Have resided in the city for at least 6 months for council member and 12 months for mayor as of the deadline for filing for the office
- Not have been convicted of a felony for which he or she has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities
- Not have been found mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court
- Must be a registered voter in the city
A Candidate packet which includes an Application for a Place on the Ballot can be obtained by clicking the Candidate Packets and Notices link on the left or by coming by City Hall during regular business hours at 123 Davis Rd., Combine.