UPDATE: All Candidates ran unopposed so there will not be a city election on May 2, 2020.
An election will be held on May 2, 2020 to elect Three Council members unless the seats are unopposed. The City contracts with Kaufman County and voters will be able to cast their ballot at any voting center location within the county. The Crandall/Combine Community Center located at 500 W. Lewis, Crandall, TX 75114 is generally an early voting location. Election Day voting is generally held at Point View Baptist Church, 110 FM 3039, Combine, TX 75159
The candidate filing period for a place on the ballot will be January 15, 2020 to February 14, 2020 with a declaration of write in candidacy through February 18, 2020.
Early Voting will be conducted between April 20, 2020 and April 28, 2020 at the designated vote center locations.
It is the responsibility and honor of the City Secretary's Office to conduct and oversee the City Council election process for the City of Combine. Elections are conducted annually on the Uniform Election Day in May (the first Saturday in May.)
However, Texas Election laws regarding campaign finances and legal matters limit the role of the City Secretary’s Office to accepting and filing the various candidate applications, affidavits and statements and noting the date of filing.
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/index.shtml, and those of the Election Code Section 141.001:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be 18 years of age upon the commencement of the term to be filled at the election
- Have been a resident of Texas for at least 12 months as of the deadline for filing for the office
- Have resided in the city for at least 6 months as of the deadline for filing for the office
- Not have been convicted of a felony for which he or she has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities
- Not have been found mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court
A Candidate packet which includes an Application for a Place on the Ballot can be obtained by clicking the Election link on the left or by coming by City Hall during regular business hours at 123 Davis Rd., Combine.