close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.



How do I reach a current city council member?
You can email Your message will automatically go to each council member.
Is my home/property inside city limits?
The best way to confirm is to look at your tax statement or do a property search on either Kaufman County Appraisal District or Dallas County Appraisal District website (depenind on which county you live in). If you are paying city taxes, then you are inside city limits.

Entity Description Tax Rate
RB ROAD & BRIDGE 0.070412

  City School County and School Equalization College Hospital Special District
Tax Rate per $100 $0.35 $1.18 $0.23 $0.12 $0.24 N/A
Where can I find information about internet, utility services, office hours etc.?
Click HERE for useful information
When will my street get fixed?

Each fiscal year the city budgets for road work. Do you live on a city maintained road, a private road or a county maintained road? Please check the map or street list.

If you live on a city maintained road, you can email the City Manager for questions or to make a request/report an issue. If you live on a county maintained road, please contact the appropriate county. If you live on a private road, each property owner on that road is responsible for its maintenance.

For the City to have authority to do any work on a private road, the road has to be brought up to a certain standard and each owner has to deed their part of the road to the city. For more information, please contact the City Manager.

Does the City of Combine offer a rate freeze for residents over the age of 65?

Not at this time.  A rate freeze would freeze the dollar amount you pay.  The market value and tax rate will continue to move based on the given year, but the money you pay to the city is capped at the freeze calculation.

Instead the city offers a $35,000 exemption off of your property appraised value, so you are taxed on the lower amount.

Why is there no tornado siren in the City of Combine?
Why outdoor warning sirens are not a viable option for the City of Combine

  • The range of the siren is about a mile in flat terrain.  Trees make the sirens less effective the farther you get from the original siren.  Combine would require 4 to 5 sirens.
  • The cost, when last checked, for a siren system was an estimated $20,000 - $25,000 each.
  • It is believed that the person monitoring the weather and having the responsibility of starting the sirens have some kind of a certification, as well as state rules and regulations about where sirens can be placed and how they are maintained have to be followed.
  • Current technology is just as reliable, if not more.  New digital radios with battery backup are less costly and more reliable with instant warnings available to each individual home.  Phone apps are available for smart phones.  You can also sign up for emergency alerts through Kaufman County Emergency Management at Kaufman County Emergency Alert Program .
To find more fact & fiction about outdoor warning sirens, please click the following link:
What are the requirements/restrictions for building a new home inside city  limits?
  • You need at least 1 acre of land to build a home in Combine
  • Minimum 2,000 sq. ft. living area (includes porch(s)) and 500 square foot required garage
  • Front yard set back at least 60 feet from property line
  • Side yard set back at least 15 feet from property line
  • Width of the lot should be at least 150 feet
  • No temporary housing allowed on the property while home is being built
                                                  You can find more information here.
Do I need a building permit?

If you are building any structure that is more than 500 sq ft, or if your structure will have electricity and/or plumbing, then YES you will need a permit.  All accessory buildings/structures must be at least 15 ft from the property line.

Do I need a permit to solicit door-to-door?
Yes.  You can access the application Here.  Please complete and return to City Hall with a $25 fee which is good for one year.
Do I need a permit for a garage/yard sale?

No.  You do not need a permit for a garage/yard sale.

Do I need a permit for an alarm/security system?

No.  You do not need a permit for an alarm/security system.

Do I need a permit to put up a fence?

No.  You do not need a permit to put up a fence.

Do I need a permit to install an irrigation or sprinkler system?

You do not need one from the city, but you do need to get one from the Water Department.

Who is responsible for maintaining the easement in front of my property?
Easement Maintenance Announcement (2)