No the city does not have a tax freeze. Instead the city offers a $35,000 exemption. You receive $35,000 off of your property appraised value, so you have a lower taxable property value, therefore, will pay less in taxes. You are saving more money with the exemption than with the rate freeze.
- The range of the siren is about a mile in flat terrain. Trees make the sirens less effective the farther you get from the original siren. Combine would require 4 to 5 sirens.
- The cost, when last checked, for a siren system was an estimated $20,000 - $25,000 each.
- It is believed that the person monitoring the weather and having the responsibility of starting the sirens have some kind of a certification, as well as state rules and regulations about where sirens can be placed and how they are maintained have to be followed.
- Current technology is just as reliable, if not more. New digital radios with battery backup are less costly and more reliable with instant warnings available to each individual home. Phone apps are available for smart phones. You can also sign up for emergency alerts through Kaufman County Emergency Management at https://www.kaufmancounty.net/business-and-living/ .
- You need at least 1 acre of land to build a home in Combine
- Minimum 2,000 sq. ft. living area (includes porch(s)) and 500 square foot required garage
- Front yard set back at least 60 feet from property line
- Side yard set back at least 15 feet from property line
- Width of the lot should have at least 150 feet of street frontage for access
- No temporary housing allowed while home is being built
You can find more information here.
If you are building any structure that is more than 500 sq ft, or if your structure will have electricity and/or plumbing, then YES you will need a permit. All accessory buildings/structures must be at least 15 ft from the property line.
No. You do not need a permit for a garage/yard sale.
No. You do not need a permit for an alarm/security system.
No. You do not need a permit to put up a fence.
You do not need one from the city, but you do need to get one from the Water Department.