6/28/2022 BURN BAN IN EFFECT
Effective immediately, Kaufman County is under a burn ban. Outdoor burning is prohibited. A violation of the burn ban is a Class C misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of up to $500.
There are several exceptions to the burn ban, however, we highly recommend that you limit these activities and wait until conditions improve.
- The sale and use of fireworks.
- Fires used for cooking (grills & smokers).
- Firefighter training.
- Fires related to public health and safety if authorized by TCEQ.
- Fires related to public utility, natural gas pipeline, or mining operations.
- Fires related to planting or harvesting of agricultural crops.
- Burns performed by a prescribed burn manager if it meets the standards set forth by the Natural Resources Code.